PCMC is seeking a Registered Nurse to work rotating weeks for our Emergency Room and Med Surg Unit.
Essential Core Functions:
- Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
- Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
- Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
- Provides and documents patient care based on the nursing process in compliance with hospital policies and procedures. Plans, delegates and coordinates the nursing care of assigned patients. Utilizes basic physical and psychosocial assessment skills to identify actual nursing diagnosis/clinical problems based on assessment of patient and unique age specific needs.
- The Registered Nurse will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treats each patient with dignity and care, and maintains patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
- Provides appropriate patient/family education, per department and hospital policy and procedures
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing required/Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Temporary permit from the State of Texas or valid Texas license
- Registered Nurse License required.
- CPR certified. ACLS and PALS not required but recommended.
1+ year(s) in Med Surg and ER experience recommended.