PCMC is dedicated to bringing you the services you need at an affordable cost. We’re here to help. We have three methods of financial assistance to help you meet your healthcare needs.
1. Charity Care Program (CCP)
This program is available for patients who do not have major medical insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, or other third party payment services.
This temporary assistance includes In-Patient and Out-Patient services at Palacios Community Medical Center. Our Charity Care Program does not cover Specialists or services rendered at other facilities.
Applicant must provide:
- Completed Indigent/Charity Application for each person applying.
- Proof of all household income (wages, self-employment, child support, SSI, Social Security and retirement benefits, cash contributions, unemployment benefits, workman’s comp, etc.) for all household members
- Current income tax return (forms 1040) and all W-2’s
- Valid Matagorda County ID or DL (mandatory)
- Social Security Card
- Verification of any assistance received such as Food Stamps, Medicaid &/or TANF
- Verification of any pending SSI or Social Security Administration Applications
- Copy of vehicle titles and/or verification of amount owed for all vehicles listed for all household members
- Current bank statements for all bank accounts for all household members
- Current electric, gas or water bill for residence
Processing time for a Charity Care application is 14 days from the date a completed application is received. (A completed application is considered as an application with all required information).
You can request assistance from PCMC; please click on link below to download the CCP policy and forms.
2. Self-Pay Discounts
PCMC offers affordable and discounted Lab/Radiology Testing when payment is made at the time of service.
3. Selected Cash Price Program
PCMC has heavily discounted select radiology and laboratory services. To see if the exam you need is on the discount list, please click below.
If you’re seeking financial assistance for your healthcare services and have more questions, please call us at (361) 972-2511.